Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Wednesday 20 October 2010

I'm Back!

Just got back from a few days in the Lake District. Have you missed me? No, I thought not!
Weather was very mixed but we managed to visit quite a few places so I will post some photos over the next few days although my camera really struggled with the low light so none of the photos are particularly brilliant!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful part of the country. Hope you had a good time Caroline.

The Quacks of Life said...

of course we did!! nice view btw

Ragged Robin said...

Had a lovely time thanks Dean. Yes, its really beautiful there - probably my favourite part of England.

Thanks Pete! Worked hard for that view photo -what seemed like an almost vertical ascent made me realise just how unfit I am :D

Tricia Ryder said...

Welcome home and glad you had a good time :D Views and your pics of them are great.

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks for the welcome Tricia and kind comment about the views. To be honest I was disappointed with a lot of the photos. The light was really low most of the time and I got round that by increasing the ISO but the automatic exposure didn't work well with the landscape shots and I had to use exposure compensation which then over exposed the sky! The experience made me realise even more how little I know of photography :D I am going to have to venture into the great unknown of the manual settings, I think, just as Pete would advise :D