Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Monday 8 November 2010

Fireworks and Fungi

I haven't had time to go out birding and there's not been a lot happening in the garden so I am going to be "scraping the barrel" a bit with this posting.

Blue and great tit and blackbird numbers are slowly increasing and I've witnessed two robins having a terriorial battle on several occasions recently. Still getting visits from a flock of long tailed tits that like foraging in the herbaceous border but have ignored the feeders. Two coal tits have been visiting the feeders and one is still hoarding sunflower hearts in one of the hanging baskets.

Although I was hoping to put out the moth trap at least one more time rain most nights has prevented this. In fact on the only dry night recently instead of putting out the trap we enjoyed some fireworks.










Finally, a photo of some fungi growing under the silver birches at the top of the garden.



I've been sorting through and photographing my fossil collection this afternoon and, as its going to be a busy week and I am not sure if I will have time to go out birding, the next blog posting is likely to be on ammonites!

No comments: