Waxwing

Waxwing
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

From "Auguries of Innocence"

by William Blake

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Final GMS Night

The Garden Moth Scheme's final date for this year was last weekend - I ran the trap on Sunday, 6th November, (mimimum temperature was low dropping to 1.4 degrees centigrade) and there was just one tiny micro in the trap the following morning - a Light Brown Apple Moth.

Light Brown Apple Moth



Unless its very mild I probably won't do any trapping now until early next Spring when GMS recommences. I never did catch a Merveille de Jour!

Provisionally (I still need to type up and check the records) 94 species were trapped (or seen in the garden/house) this year bringing the total number of species seen in the garden to 132 since I began trapping in late summer 2009. I usually only trap once a week but next year I might try more sessions and I need to continue to improve my id skills especially where micros are concerned!!

No comments: